When a person looks for a coach they already know they want to bring about a change in their life but are looking for help with making this a reality, typically in one of the following ways:
- Generating and evaluating different options
- Addressing personal blocks they feel are holding them back
- Creating the route map that takes them from where they are now to where they want to be
- Developing the skills and confidence to take those first steps.
And sometimes the need can be a blend of all four.
The Association for Coaching describe coaching as a process to help a person “grow their awareness, responsibility and choices (thinking and behavioural)” so they can find solutions to their own challenges, issues and goals.
A skilful coach is one that:
- Creates an environment of trust to allow you to explore these types of questions safely and without judgement
- Uses an understanding of the psychology of coaching and (in career coaching) theories of career development/career choice, to help you assess and understand what’s going on for you, and
- Applies a range of advanced coaching skills in a flexible way to support you with reaching your goals
In other words, coaching is tailored to you/your needs – if you choose to work with us it will feel like a thought-provoking conversation, not a ‘process’.
It is very empowering – as a coachee, you will be the one who is taking action and putting into practice the insights you gain from our sessions.
Throughout our coaching, we encourage and assist you to develop valuable skills such as flexible thinking and solutions-focus. This will help you achieve your goals and enable you to rise to and address future challenges.